The 8 Best Tips to Prevent Acne
1. WASH YOUR FACE AT LEAST TWICE A DAY - Washing your face is essential because it keeps your pores clean and prevents the buildup that causes breakouts. Washing your hairline is also very important because it washes away hair products and oil from your scalp that could get on your face and clog the pores in your forehead. (Bamboo Charcoal Hemp Tea Tree Soap)
2. EXFOLIATE DAILY - Exfoliation is essential to keeping your face and pores clean. Exfoliating is a good pore stripper that helps remove dead skin that can clog your pores. (Terry Weave Microdermabrasion Cloth)
3. START USING AN ACNE FIGHTING SERUM/TREATMENT - Look for spot treatments/serums that contain ingredients such as salicylic acid, retinol, or glycolic acid to limit bacteria and dry your skin. Be careful not to OVERUSE as it can cause drying or peeling, so start off slow with a small amount every couple of days and always follow with moisturizer. (Utterly Flawless Clear Skin Serum)
4. START USING A WATER BASED GEL MOISTURIZER – Even oily skin must be kept moisturized. I know what you are thinking, why would I add more moisture when it seems like moisture/oil is causing my acne. When your skin is left dry it will over produce oil as a means of protecting the skin. The trick is to moisturize the skin in the correct way by avoiding greasy cosmetics and creams and using water-based or "non-comedogenic" formulas. Look for products that contain aloe vera gel and hyaluronic acid. (Bamboo Aloe Vera Gel Moisturizer)
5. APPLY A CLAY MASK AT LEAST ONCE A WEEK– Clay masks are highly absorbing, they draw out dirt and oil from deeply clogged pores. Adding activated charcoal, another great acne fighter, to your mask will provide double absorption power. Together clay and charcoal pull bacteria, poisons, chemicals, dirt, and other micro-particles to the surface ofyour skin, helping you to achieve a flawless complexion and fight acne because when your pores aren't clear, neither is your complexion. (Ultra Oil Absorbing Charcoal Clay Mask)
6. STOP TOUCHING YOUR FACE - After completing your skincare routine DON’T TOUCH YOUR FACE or let anyone else touch your face. I know what you are thinking this is virtually impossible. I have a small child who loves to touch my face with dirty hands or I have a sweet as pie co-worker who loves to give hugs and kisses that leave makeup smears all over your face or I work in a kitchen and grease and other particles constantly land on my face. The fact that you are now mindful of transfer, you will now try to limit these interactions, and this will most certainly help decease the severity of your breakouts.
7. GO HANDS FREE- Using headphones with a microphone to talk on your cell phone will help to curb acne by preventing dirt on your phone from transferring onto your face when you press your phone against your ear and face. To further prevent breakouts, make sure to clean your phone regularly.
8. CHANGE YOUR PILLOW CASE - Changing your pillow case helps to prevent bacteria, sweat, and dirt that was previously deposited into the pillow case from redepositing back on to your skin every night. Medium to severe acne sufferers should change their pillow case and bedding every 2 days, while light acne sufferers should change bedding every 4 days to decrease transfer onto your face.
These tips are quick and easy steps to help you take control over your acne problem. When in doubt, check with a dermatologist to see if you need more treatment to prevent or stop acne.